This 2 hr session will be led by a Deaf performer, it will be interactive and practical. During the training you will:
- Learn BSL skills to be enable you to ask and understand basic questions words – How? What? Where?
- Learn to fingerspell the alphabet
- Learn some basic vocabulary/phrases related to your department e.g. sports, food and drink, entertainment/The Arts
- Receive an introduction to communication etiquette – communicating with D/deaf people – BSL and non BSL users.
- Receive an introduction to basic audio description (for blind and visually impaired service users)
By the end of the session you will
- Be able to fingerspell basic words including your own name
- Have created a sign name that is personal to you.
- Be able to ask and understand basic questions and answers
- Have practiced simple audio description.
- Be more confident communicating and interacting with D/deaf service users.
You will also receive
- Links to clips for quick reference phrases and words.
- Pictorial cue sheets for quick reference.
- Social media updates from Taking Flight promoting your improved accessibility.
For more information or to discuss your requirements please contact: email@example.com